Day 8

Day 8

This morning we slept in a little later than usual just after 8am and my group was up to cook a full breakfast with pancakes, hash browns, eggs, and bacon. Then we were able to take it a little slower today and I tiptoed off to enjoy another shower. After showering and resting for a bit we were visited by Warren and he brought a few other Spokane tribal members with him and they sang for us and we did a few round dances and enjoyed the shade. Warren then took us to the watch tower in Wellpinit and we climbed to the very top and took photos and took in the great view from up top. But I think the best part of the day was when we went swimming. It was such a hot day and swimming was a lot of fun and refreshing. The night is slowly winding down and I have a tummy full of sloppy joes and I’m ready for another shower to wash off the river water and to rest up for the week.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Day 4

Day 10